POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ARCI (A Really Cool Idea) by Lance Birch ;-) : Re: ARCI (A Really Cool Idea) by Lance Birch ;-) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ARCI (A Really Cool Idea) by Lance Birch ;-)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 10 Apr 1999 18:43:51
Message: <370FC5F1.27582B0E@aol.com>
That might be okay. Thing is, if filter (and/or transmit) is used in
conjunction with fade_distance and fade_power the effect could be
achieved now I believe, along with the right texture. The fluorescence
would be particularly interesting. The POVAFX custom compile used
similar for lights. Objects having this effect would be fantastic.
Radiosity and media working together might do this now, I haven't tried
it.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe